In cases where noise emitted from air inlet or exhaust openings must be reduced effectively Baffle Silencers are used.
Such silencers (attenuators) consist of a rectangular or cylindrical casing with sound reducing internals (splitters or baffles). When the noisy fluid (air, gas or steam) stream through the gaps of the baffles, the noise waves penetrate the absorber material of the baffle. The sound waves will be absorbed (reduced) after attenuation and damping. The difference between the loud inlet and attenuated outlet is called insertion loss. The set up and the dimensions of the silencer baffles depend on streaming situation of the fluid and acoustic requirements.
Generally the set-up of the baffles is as follows:
- Sound reducing items acc. to noise requirements along with acoustic lining
- Frames and stiffeners out of G.I or SS steel sheets 1,5mm or 2,0mm
- Absorbing material with sufficient density
- Protection with 1 layer glass-silk and 1 layer SS wire mesh
- Perforated sheets out of galvanized or stainless steel sheets 1,0 mm
We constantly strive for new innovations and sustainable improvements in our area of expertise – to benefit you, our customer!!.
B-301, Aries Pride, Saraswati Society, Vasna Road, Vadodara – 390015 Website: www.noiseprotection.in
+91 99741 86546
+91 99133 48770
G.I.D.C. Manjusar, Savli, Vadodara – 391775